After a good-day’s work nothing beats a nice relaxing evening – except perhaps a nice relaxing evening with a deliciously healthy Keelings snack! Here are our top:
Strawberry & banana yoghurt parfait
Fruit yoghurt, the Keelings home-made way!
- 165g Keelings strawberries, washed, hulled and diced.
- 80g bananas, peeled, sliced and diced.
- 3 teaspoons honey.
- 3 teaspoons coconut sugar.
- 650g Greek yogurt.
- 80g granola.
- In a small bowl stir together the strawberries with 2 teaspoons of honey and 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar.
- Mix the bananas with the remaining teaspoon and coconut sugar.
- Layer the ingredients into 3 serving glasses as follows: Yoghurt, half the strawberries, bananas, half of the granola, remainder of strawberries, final half of the granola.
Chia Seed Blackberry Jam
Improve upon perfection by introducing this Keelings chia seed blackberry jam to your favourite evening snacks.
- 750g Keelings blackberries.
- 4 tablespoons of honey.
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Mash the Keelings blackberries into the honey using a potato masher before placing into a saucepan.
- Bring the berries to a simmer and cook for 5 mins, pour in the chia seeds and cook for a further 15 mins – stirring frequently – until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Strawberry & banana ice-cream
Chilling out after a long day couldn’t be easier, or more delicious, than with some Keelings two ingredient strawberry & banana ice cream.
- 400g Keelings strawberries – hulled and sliced.
- 4 ripe bananas – peeled and sliced.
- Place the sliced fruit onto a baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours – or leave overnight.
- Place the frozen fruit into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Scrape down sides of processor bowl as you go to ensure all the fruit is pureed.
- For soft ice-cream serve immediately. For hard ice-cream place the mixture back into the freezer – in a freezer proof dish – until set.