Sometimes it seems as if life is flying by at a 100 miles an hour & family meals can often feature an empty chair. These Keelings breakfast recipes guarantee a full-house in the mornings.
Get your day off to the best possible start with a Keelings berry bruschetta.
- 40g sliced Keelings strawberries.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 125g / 4oz Plain Flour.
- 1 Egg.
- 300ml Milk.
- Rapeseed oil for frying.
- 1 cup full of Keelings blueberries and sliced Keelings strawberries.
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, break in the egg and add about a third of the milk. Beat well, gradually pouring in the rest of the milk and drawing in the flour to make a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a jug and allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Brush a pancake pan or frying pan with oil. When the pan is hot, give the batter a stir before pouring layer onto the pan. After about 30 seconds spoon the Keelings strawberries onto the batter.
- Fry until golden brown. Turn and fry the other side until brown also.
- Serve with some lemon and natural yoghurt.
Banana oat waffles with strawberries
Keelings banana oat waffles with strawberries for the family breakfast of champions!
- 170g rolled oats.
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- ¼ teaspoon of bicarbonate soda.
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- 140ml low-fat buttermilk.
- 1 ripe banana, diced.
- 1 egg.
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Cooking spray.
- 100g Keelings strawberries, for garnish.
- In a food processor, blitz the oats, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, cinnamon and salt. Set resulting powder aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients into the processor and blitz until blended together.
- Whisk the two mixtures together until combined.
- Pre-heat a waffle-iron and spray with some cooking oil. Pour the batter into the waffle iron (approx. 150ml) and cook until crisp (approx. 5 mins). Repeat for remaining batter.
- Serve topped with delicious Keelings strawberries.
Blueberry Breakfast Crepes
These Keelings blueberry crepes are perfect for anybody on a Paleo diet.
- 250g blueberries.
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 80ml almond milk.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour.
- ½ teaspoon of tapioca flour.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, 1 teaspoon of honey, vanilla extract, salt & almond milk – add in the coconut flour and mix well.
- Grease a frying pan and heat on a medium high heat. Add in enough batter for a crepe and fry. Flip the crepe after a couple of minutes to cook both sides.
- Repeat step 2 for remaining batter.
- Heat the blueberries and remaining teaspoon of honey in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Once blueberries are soft and the juice is bubbling spoon in the tapiuoca flour with a couple of tablespoons of water. Stir sauce together until thickened.
- Serve the crepes with a spoonful of blueberry sauce for a flippin’ brilliant breakfast!
Cantaloupe berry bowls
These Keelings cantaloupe berry bowls will keep you satisfied right up until lunchtime, & if not we suggest you just eat the bowl!
- 2 cantaloupe.
- 1 litre plain Greek Yoghurt.
- 240g Keelings blackberries.
- 80g granola.
- Honey – for drizzling.
- Chop the cantaloupe in half & discard the seeds.
- Place about 250ml of yoghurt into each cantaloupe half and top with granola and berries. Drizzle with honey and serve.