Snacking outside of meal-time can often lead to extreme levels of guilt, but, it doesn’t have to. Here are Keelings top 5 healthy evening snacks
5. Grilled Fruit Skewers
We always have a hard time picking just one fruit to snack on (they’re all so tasty!), but with these kebabs we make sure none of our favourites feel left out. Yum!
- Selection of fruit and Keelings berries – tailor to your own personal taste.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 3 tablespoons of clear honey.
- The zest – and juice – of one orange.
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- Wooden skewers.
- Sprinkle your fruit with a little lemon juice, before threading onto wooden skewers.
- Make the glaze, in a mixing bowl, by combining the honey, zest, juice and cloves.
- Place the kebabs into the glaze, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Place the skewers under a grill for 5-6 mins, turning every 90 seconds or so.
4. Stuffed Apples
There will be no plate-licking with this stuffed Keelings apple…. But there will be bowl eating!
- 4 Keelings eating apples.
- 1 tablespoons of honey.
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- A pinch of ground cloves.
- 1 Tablespoon of butter – in four pieces.
- 240 ml of hot water.
- 30g rolled oats.
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Scoop the core from the apples with a pairing knife.
2. Mix the brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey & cloves – Pack the mixture into the four apples.
3. Place the apples in a baking dish and top with butter. Pour the water into the dish and cover with foil. Bake for 20 mins & remove foil. Return to the oven and bake for a further 25 mins.
4. Serve with some Crème fraiche & enjoy.
3. Berry & Granola Yoghurt
Is this Keelings berry & granola yoghurt a snack disguised as a dessert, or a dessert as healthy as snack? We can’t decide! But, one thing we all agree on is that we wouldn’t mind seconds!
- 1 punnet of Keelings berries
- 500ml of plain natural yoghurt
- 200g granola
- 4 teaspoons of honey
- Scoop two tablespoons of yoghurt into a glass and follow up with two tablespoons of granola, top off with a third layer of those delicious Keelings berries.
- Repeat step 1, but this time top with the honey. Serve & Enjoy!
2. Poached Pears
Some snacks are totally worth waiting for, such as these delicious Keelings poached pears.
- 6-8 Keelings Pears
- 1 litre of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 litre of water
- Zest of one orange
- 1 2 inch thumb of ginger, peeled
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- Leaving the pears to one side, place the remaining ingredients into a large saucepan and heat over a low temperature.
- Meanwhile, peel and core your pears, before adding to the heated mixture in the saucepan. Ensure the pears are completely submerged before continuing.
- Simmer the pears in the mixture for approx. 30 mins, until soft.
- Remove pears from the liquid and serve.
1. Keelings Snack Pots
Of course, the whole point of a snack is having something ready to go! That’s why Keelings Snack Pots are perfect – they’re healthy, so you won’t feel guilty; perfectly sized, so they won’t ruin your appetite & need no preparation, so are ready to eat anytime. If only everything in life could be this perfect!