Fyffes Banoffee Pie
For the crust:
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 100g butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 (397g) tin caramel (dulce de leche)
- 3-4 bananas
- 300ml fresh cream, whipped to soft peak
- 1 tbsp plain cocoa
- To make the crust, add melted butter to the crushed biscuits, then mix well. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 20cm (8 inch) loose bottomed pie dish. Refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes.
- Spread caramel over the biscuit base, then cover with a layer of sliced banana. Spoon whipped cream over the banana, then sprinkle with cocoa powder. Chill until ready to serve.
- Will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.
- Crust can be made ahead of time and kept refrigerated covered in clingfilm for up to a week, or frozen for 4 weeks.