Fyffes Banana Tartes Tatin
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 8 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 4 firm ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan assisted.
- Place sheet of puff pastry on a clean surface. Use a breakfast bowl or round dish slightly larger than your (+-15cm) baking dishes as a guide, and using
- a sharp knife, cut 2 rounds out of each sheet of pastry. Discard scraps and set rounds of pastry aside.
- Smear the bottom of 4 x (+-15cm) oven safe frying pans, mini skillets or round ceramic dishes with 1 tbsp of butter in each, then sprinkle 2 tbsp of sugar evenly over the bottom of each dish.
- Arrange banana slices on top of sugar, starting from the middle and working outwards incircles, slightly overlapping banana slices.
- Top each dish with a round of puff pastry, tucking in the edges so that it doesn’t hang over the rim of the dish.
- Place dishes on a large baking tray then bake in preheated oven until puff pastry is puffed up and golden and the filling is bubbling up around the edges, about 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully invert each dessert onto serving plates and serve while still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or a generous dollop of whipped cream.