Keelings Strawberry Cheesecake
For the Base:
- 200g Digestive biscuits
- 75g butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 10 Keelings strawberries, sliced
- 250g Keelings strawberries, hulled
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 600g full fat cream cheese
- 275ml double cream
For the Decorate:
- Keelings Strawberries, sliced
- Line the bottom of a 20cm (8 inch) round springform cake tin with parchment paper.
- For the base, blend the digestive biscuits in a food processor until ground to fine crumbs.
- Pour crumbs into a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix together until all the crumbs are coated.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin and press down firmly until evenly spread. Chill in the fridge to set, about 20 minutes.
- For the filling, arrange a ring of about 10 sliced Keelings strawberries around the edge of the baking tin.
- Combine 250g Keelings strawberries, icing sugar and vanilla in a food processor, blend to a smooth puree. Add the cream cheese and blend until smooth, then add the double cream and blend until mixture thickens (about 2-3 minutes).
- Pour or spoon batter over prepared base and smooth the top with a spatula. Leave to chill and set in the fridge overnight.
- To un-mould, run a sharp knife around the sides of the cheesecake then unclip and remove the outer ring of the cake tin. Gently work a spatula underneath the base and then slide the cheesecake onto a serving plate.
- Decorate with slices of fresh Keelings strawberries