What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information such as email address
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Any information you provide by filling in forms on our website
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to provide you with a better service and to ensure that our website is presented in the most efficient manner for you, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For internal record keeping purposes.
- To improve our products and services.
- To provide you with information and promotional material about products, special offers or other information which you request from us or we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our products or services.
- We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
We may also use your personal information, or permit selected third parties to use your personal information, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, if you have consented to this.
If you are a new user and where we permit selected third parties to use your personal information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in accordance with the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 2003 – 2008 and the Data Protection Act 1988-2003.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse information about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the information is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not in any way give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the information you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes and whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any by emailing:
hi [at] ilovecooking.ie
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1988-2003. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please email us: hi [at] ilovecooking.ie
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible at the above address or email us hi [at] ilovecooking.ie. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.