Brian McDermott has shared his amazing family recipe of Christmas Pudding as part of our Tasty Virtual Advent Calendar.
Makes two puddings.
- 200g Dark Brown Sugar
- 200g Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 80g Strong Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 250g Raisins
- 250g Mixed Peel
- 100g Glace Cherries
- 2 Chopped Apples
- 100g Bread Crumb
- 250ml Stout
- Brandy or Whiskey
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Soak all the fruit in the stout for t least 2 hours.
- Sieve the flour and combine with dried spices.
- Cream together the butter & sugar , add the eggs slowly.
- Add the flour & spice and fold in to the mix. Add the breadcrumb and orange zest.
- Fold the soaked fruit & stout into the mix.
- Add a shot of Whiskey
- Fill the pudding bowls and place in deep tray. Half fill tray with boiling water.
- Wrap the top of the tray in cling film and then tin foil and place in oven at 130 degree C and steam for 3 hours.
- When cool brush with a little more whiskey if you wish.
- Pudding will keep in air tight container for at least 3 months.
- Great with brandy butter or custard.