Ireland’s leading grocery retailer, SuperValu, has announced a new partnership with a whole new range of partner brands in a total relaunch of its popular “Real Rewards” loyalty programme; giving consumers what they really want, as a way of thanking them for continuing to shop with Supervalu.
SuperValu believes that Real Rewards will become the number one loyalty programme in the country as it has been designed with the customer completely in mind; following extensive research. The essence of the programme is “We’re all about you” meaning that SuperValu customers can be rewarded with what they want, when they want.
SuperValu has teamed up with exciting partners, enabling loyal customers much more ways to collect points and get more value from the Real Rewards programme.
Bank of Ireland is the first in a number of new partners that SuperValu will incorporate into its Real Rewards programme, building upon its existing relationships with Electric Ireland and Getaway Breaks. Some of Ireland’s other leading brands will be announced as additional partners over the coming months.
SuperValu has also launched a first for the Irish market – eShops – an online shopping portal offer that enables customers to collect Real Rewards points when they shop with over 100 online brands such as eBay, Expedia, Debenhams and Eason through the supervalu.ie website.
The new loyalty scheme has a number of aspects to it which will enable customers enjoy real benefits:
- Money off shopping at key times of the year, such as on the run up to Christmas
- New ways to collect and use points with Partners
- Watch your points grow on the new Real Rewards app or on line
How it works
The re-launched Real Rewards programme will enable SuperValu’s existing one million Real Rewards members to earn points in the following ways:
- Customers will collect 1 point per €1 spend when they use their Real Rewards card at any SuperValu or online at SuperValu.ie;
- Customers can link their Bank of Ireland personal credit card with their SuperValu Real Rewards card and collect 250 Real Rewards Welcome points.
- Then customers are set up to collect points when they purchase groceries at SuperValu and when they use their credit card to make any purchases outside of SuperValu. Once they have linked, customers will collect 2 points per €1 spend when shopping in SuperValu and 1 point per €10 spend with any other purchase;
- Customers who link their Real Rewards card to their Electric Ireland account for the first time will collect 250 welcome points and will enable SuperValu shoppers to then collect points every time they pay their energy bills;
- Customers can also add to their tally of points when shopping through the SuperValu website, with any of the 100 exciting brands as part of the new Real Rewards eShops;
- SuperValu shoppers can also collect 1 point per €1 spend when they book a Getaway Break;
- Real Rewards is also launching a first to market Loyalty App – which will allow members watch their points grow, plus receive exclusive offers and rewards from SuperValu & from Partners.
SuperValu customers can also then use their points to save money on their weekly shop, with Money Back Vouchers posted at three key times during the year, or they can use points for savings with Real Rewards partners, such as Electric Ireland.
Commenting on the announcement, SuperValu MD Martin Kelleher said: “Online shopping has gone from strength to strength in Ireland, with our own online customer base growing by almost 25% last year. Our new eShops site, which incorporates 100 leading online brands, will tap into this trend and we are now in a position where not only do we reward our customers’ loyalty when they shop with us, but they also benefit every time they purchase online with our partners.”