Pancake Tuesday is nearly upon us, and with a little help from Keelings, why not make this Pancake Tuesday the berry best with some inspirational berry touches.
Gather some blueberries and strawberries to make a fruit face creation, and hey presto your pancake will at least look happy before it’s devoured.
So, roll up your sleeves and get whisking, and of course, a recipe might just come in handy too.
Keelings Berrylicious Pancakes:
What You Need:
- 1 Punnet of Keelings blueberries
- 1 Punnet of Keelings strawberries
- 227g Wholemeal flour
- 85g Natural sugar (maple syrup or honey)
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 480 ml Buttermilk
- 110 g Margarine
- 2 Eggs
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk with eggs
- Stir egg mixture into the flour mixture
- Add melted margarine and blueberries, stir gently
- Heat a pan over medium heat and pour 1/4 cup batter onto the pan
- Cook until bubbles that appear on the surface begin to break and the bottom is golden
- Flip pancake & cook until lightly golden
- Serve and enjoy!
This Pancake Tuesday, Keelings are adding a bit more magic to the mix and will be visiting Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin with some fruity pancake treats.
And if all of that isn’t enough, Keelings will be on the look out for the best fruit faces. To be in with a chance of winning some brilliant prizes just upload a picture of your #FruitFaces to Keelings Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Keeling berries are available nationwide.
Check out www.keelings.ie for more delicious pancake recipes.
Caption: Pictured creating Keelings Fruit Faces for Pancake Tuesday at Cooks Academy were Kayleigh Gaughran aged 6 and Sebastian Golding aged 7 along with Ciara Gorman Fennessy from Ciara’s Kitchen Cooking School Delgany, Co Wicklow.