Pancakes are tasty treats that can be served up as part of a lazy weekend breakfast, a speedy snack or as a delicious dessert. This Pancake Tuesday we bring you perfect pancakes with our top 3 healthy toppings.
To make approx. 12 delicious pancakes, you will need:
- 125g plain flour
- 300ml of milk
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour; add the egg and about 100ml of the milk.
- As you beat the mixture, gradually add the rest of the milk until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into a jug and allow to stand for 30-40mins.
- Pour a thin layer of the batter onto an oiled and heated frying pan.
- Fry until golden brown and turn/flip to brown the other side.
Stewed Apple, Cinnamon, Almonds & Yogurt
- 2 red eating apples
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250ml natural yogurt
- 1 Tbsp flaked & toasted almonds
- Optional – drizzle honey
- To stew the apple, cut the apple into small cubes place in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water and cinnamon. Simmer until the apple is tender.
- Fold the crepes in half and then in half again.
- Spoon on the yogurt and then the stewed apple on top.
- Sprinkle on flaked almonds.
- Optional drizzle on honey.
Mushrooms, Spinach & Cheese
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 400g spinach
- 100g cheddar cheese
- Gently fry the garlic with mushrooms in a frying pan with a drizzle of oil until soft and cooked through.
- Add the spinach to the frying pan.
- Once the spinach is wilted spoon the mixture onto the crepes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and serve.
Mixed Berries, Yogurt & Honey
- 125g blueberries
- 125g raspberries
- 125g strawberries (quartered)
- 250g yogurt
- Drizzle of honey
- Spoon the yogurt onto the crepes.
- Add mix berries to each crepe.
- Roll the crepes and serve with a drizzle of honey.