It is hard to beat the classics – Keelings strawberries & Avonmore Cream are the ultimate all time favourite classic. Here are their top 3 strawberries and cream recipes.
This classic Pavlova is airy, light and absolutely delicious!
For the cake:
• 250g sugar
• 2 tablespoons corn-starch
• 6 large egg whites
• ½ teaspoons cream of tartar
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar, or white wine vinegar
For the filling:
• 240ml Avonmore cream
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the topping:
• 450g Keelings strawberries
• 250g Keelings blueberries
1. Draw 8-inch circle on a parchment paper and place it on baking sheet, ink side down. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
2. Whisk together sugar and corn-starch. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl with whisk attachment, or using handheld electric mixer, beat the egg whites until frothy. Stir in cream of tartar and salt and continue to beat on medium high speed. Add sugar/corn-starch mixture one tablespoon at a time, while mixer is running on medium high speed. Continue to beat the egg whites until hard peaks form. The mixture will look smooth and shiny. Add vanilla extract and white distilled vinegar, and gently fold the mixture with a spatula.
4. Transfer the batter onto the parchment paper inside the circle. Make a shallow well in the centre.
5. Bake for 50 minutes. Turn the oven off and let it cool for at least 2 hours with oven door ajar. You can leave it overnight. While cooling, the cake will collapse and crack. This is totally normal.
6. To make the whipped cream filling, beat the Avonmore cream with sugar and vanilla extract on medium speed until nice and thick. Keep a close eye on it. Don’t over-whip the cream, or you will start making butter.
7. When you are ready to serve, gently run a long offset spatula on the bottom of the cake to separate from the parchment paper. Using a large cake lifter, carefully transfer the cake to a serving platter. Spread the Amonmore cream filling over the top of the cake and top with fresh Keelings berries.
2. Chocolate Strawberry Milk
Your sweet-tooth will love this Keelings strawberry chocolate milk with Avonmore cream!
- 340g Keelings Strawberries, hulled
- Avonmore whipped cream
- 60g sugar
- 150g white chocolate, chopped
- 700 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a bowl, sprinkle the Keelings strawberries with sugar and mix together. Leave to one side for 10 mins.
- Blend the strawberries in a processor until smooth – filter through a sieve to remove any pulp or seeds.
- Bring the milk to a simmer over a medium-low heat – stirring constantly. Stir in the chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Add the Keelings strawberries to the chocolate milk along with the vanilla extract and salt – stir together.
- Top drink with some Avonmore whipped cream and serve.
3. Strawberry Tartlet
- 150g Keelings strawberries, hulled & sliced.
- 150 ml Avonmore double cream.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon curd.
- 350g ready-made shortcrust pastry.
- 2 tablespoons of strawberry jam.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Roll pastry out on a floured surface until it is about 1/4 of a cm thick. Cut pastry into 4 circles.
- Flour a baking tin and place pastry rounds onto it. Place a square of parchment in each pastry round and fill with rice. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven – discard the parchment and rice -and leave to one side to cool.
- Whisk the Avonmore double cream until it begins to thicken, add in the lemon curd and mix together.
- Spoon the cream into the 4 pastry cases. Arrange the Keelings strawberries over the Avonmore lemon cream.
- In a small bowl mix the jam with 1 tablespoon of water – brush the resulting paste over the strawberries.
Serve & Enjoy. 🙂