On the hunt for a change? Chicken Mince can make your day! Manor Farm Chicken Mince can be used in lots of different and delicious recipes. It is a great low-fat alternative to regular mince and packs a powerful protein punch. Oh, and it’s made from 100% breast fillets!
Check out a week of Chicken Mince recipes with Chef Adrian. For more delicious recipes head over to www.chickenmince.ie
Curried Chicken Meatballs
- 400g chicken mince
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- Grated ginger (thumb size)
- ½ tsp cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- 200g breadcrumbs
- Olive oil for frying
- ½ onion sliced
- 1 Tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Grated ginger (thumb size)
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- Sea Salt to taste
- 300g basmati rice
- 3 cardamon pods pierced to release flavour
- 600ml water
- sea salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients for the meat mix excluding the oil into a bowl and mix really well with a wooden spoon.
- Shape into 12 small balls approx. 2.5 cm in diameter.
- Heat a frying pan on a high heat. Add in the oil and fry the meatballs for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Sweat the onions for 30 seconds over a medium heat in an oiled frying pan. Add the curry powder and tomato puree and cook for another 30 secs. Add the coconut milk, ginger, soy sauce and salt and bring to the boil.
- Place rice cardamom water and salt into a pot with a lid and bring to the boil rapidly. Turn down the heat and simmer for 8-10mins until light and fluffy. Remember to remove the cardamom pods once cooked – they should be sitting at the top of the rice when it is ready.
- When everything is ready serve of a decorative platter by spooning the rice then the meatballs, sauce and garnish with some fresh herbs and tuck in.
- 2 x 400g packs of Manor Farm Chicken Mince
- Half an onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 heaped teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 heaped teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin of kidney beans
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp of siracha sauce
- 400g basmati rice
- Coriander leaves
- A few spoonfuls of guacamole & yoghurt
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large casserole pan on a medium-high heat, add the chopped veg, chilli powder, cumin, cinnamon and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then cook for 5-6 minutes, or until softened, stirring regularly.
- Add the mince and cook through constantly stirring and breaking it up with a wooden spoon. This takes up to 6-8 minutes.
- Drain and add and kidney beans, tip in the tomatoes, breaking them up with the back of a spoon.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and siracha sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer with a lid slightly ajar for 35 minutes, or until slightly thickened and reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Serve up with fluffy rice or couscous, a piece of crusty bread, or over a jacket potato, with some yoghurt, guacamole, and wedges of lime on the side for squeezing over. Sprinkle over the coriander, and some fresh chilli, if you like, then tuck in.
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 450g minced Manor Farm chicken
- 5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 t tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 6 mushrooms chopped finely
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-inch piece ginger
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 small heads gem lettuce
- Red pepper flakes
1. Combine 3 tablespoons of the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the minced chicken and cook until browned for 8 minutes.
3. Break up the chicken into small pieces as it cooks.
4. Add the chopped mushrooms and cook until tender for 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped water chestnuts, garlic, and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
5. Combine the vegetables and chicken: Transfer the cooked chicken back to the pan with the vegetables, along with half of the green onions.
6. Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir to combine. Taste and add more hoisin sauce if needed.
7. Break off all the gem lettuce leaves and stack them on a plate. Spoon the chicken into individual cups of lettuce leaves.
Chicken mince tacos
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 400g of Manor Farm chicken mince
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 1/2 onion
- 2 Tbsps of tomato puree
- 3 Tbps of organic sweet chilli sauce
- 2 Tbsps of soy sauce
For the taco sauce:
- 4 Tbsps of light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of tomato puree
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 6-8 taco shells
- Vintage dubliner cheese
- flat leaf parsley
- For the mince dice one onion and on a medium heat soften it in some oil for 1-2minutes. Add in the mince and cook it out until golden in colour. Add in the smoked paprika and tomato puree and cook out for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and sweet chilli and allow it to cook out for 10-15mins until the sauce reduces and thickens. Season with sea salt.
- For the taco sauce: mix all the ingredients together.
- Spoon the mince mixture into the taco shells
- Spoon over the mince, the taco sauce and the finish with some grated cheese and flat leaf parsley.
Mexican Style Chicken Mince Fajitas
- 1 x 400g chicken mince
- 1 x tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 bag fajita seasoning mix
- 1 lime juiced
- 100g grated cheese
- 100g salsa
- 100g guacamole
- 100g natural yoghurt (optional)
- 4 large wraps
- cooking oil
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in the pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the chicken mince until cooked. Break up the chicken as you cook.
- Add sliced peppers, onions, fajita seasoning, chopped tomatoes and lime juice. Simmer for approx. 8 mins.
- Heat up the wraps in microwave for 30 seconds
- On each wrap spoon on fajita mince mix, salsa, guacamole, grated cheese, lettuce and yoghurt
- Roll up wraps tucking in the edges