Back To School Mix & Match Lunches
As the Summer comes to an end that can only mean one thing Back To School. And with that we all need to start thinking about back to school lunches. Fear not we have some great mix and match ideas which will keep your child’s lunchbox fun and packed with nutritious snacks.
Top 3 Lunchbox Tips:
- When you have time the night before get the kids involved in making their own lunch and choosing some of their own preferred ingredients. They will be more likely to eat their lunch if they feel they have some input themselves (trust us, we speak from experience).
- Try to change up your child’s lunchbox when you can but if they like to eat the same thing each day don’t worry maybe try to give them one new item each day or each week if possible.
- Have fruit peeled or chopped ready to go.
To help you along the way we have put together our Mix & Match lunchbox ideas:
Choose any of the following or adjust to suit your child’s taste:
- Apple & cheese triangle – top tip: chop the apple into slices and place an elastic band around it to keep it together and to stop it from browning.
- Cucumber & red beetroot hummus
- Banana & Yoghurt
- Grapes & cheese cubes
- Carrot sticks & hummus
And match with any of these:
- Pesto & tomato pasta salad
- Ham & cheese cookie cutter sandwiches
- Turkey, cheese and lettuce/spinach pinwheels get the recipe and step by step video here
- Chicken & mayo mini brioche
- BLT bagel
We would love to hear about your child’s favourite lunch. Tag us in your lunchbox creations to be featured on our social media channels: