We have teamed up with Michelle Hunt aka Peachy Palate to create a mini series of quick and easy recipes with simple step by step videos. Subscribe to our YouTube channel here to see the videos as soon as they go live!
In the first of our four recipes we have Baked Peanut Butter & Chocolate Donuts. They are gluten, dairy and egg free and are super quick to make. These healthier donuts will be sure to go down a treat with adults and kids a like.
Baked Peanut Butter & Chocolate Donuts
For the Donuts:
- 90g ripe banana, broken into chunks
- 45g peanut butter (or almond butter)
55g coconut sugar
- 80ml unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- 70g buckwheat flour
- 8g arrowroot flour/starch (or tapioca starch)
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the chocolate glaze:
- 2½ tbsp cocoa or raw cacao powder
- 1½ tbsp (21g) coconut oil, melted
- 1½ tbsp (30g) maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan assisted
- Grease a non-stick donut pan with spray oil
- Place banana, peanut butter, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar and vanilla extract into a blender or NutriBullet (or place into a large jug). Blend until smooth (use a hand blender if using a jug)
- Add in the buckwheat flour, arrowroot flour and baking powder, blend once more until smooth
- Carefully pour or spoon the mixture into the donut tray. Do not overfill as the donuts will rise. Leave about 1cm above the mixture in the tray
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Carefully remove from the baking tray. Use a toothpick to release the donuts from the edges before popping out. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the donuts cool mix together chocolate glaze ingredients. Pour mixture into a small shallow bowl; at least the same diameter as the donuts!
- Place the donuts one at a time bottom side down (the smooth part which was facing down in the donut tray) into the icing
- Lift carefully, tap of excess and place onto a baking paper lined tray icing side up
- Sprinkle with toppings if desired… Granola, coconut flakes, bee pollen, chocolate chips, marshmallows, cookie crumbles etc.
- Allow to set or eat straight away
- Best consumed within 48 hours. Store in a seal tight container at room temperature
Getting to know Michelle:
“I’m Shel but some people call me “Peachy”…I’m the food loving, fitness fanatic, blogger behind Peachy Palate, a website which is now my hub for all the paleo, keto and grain free recipes I create, hoping to inspire people to think outside the box, eating whole foods that truly nourish.
Fuelled by a desire to improve my own health I love to create sweet and savoury recipes, sharing them with the world ensuring no one need feel deprived regardless of their dietary restrictions or preferences.
Living in Wicklow, Ireland, when not dreaming up recipes I’m lifting with the men folk in my local gym, tapped into social media or out on the road delivering, merchandising and being a super duper brand ambassador for a local health food company.
My relationship with food wasn’t always so bright, in fact it wasn’t at all harmonious for quite some time. Having overcome a decade of eating disorders I’m in the best place I’ve ever been. I’m happy, healthy, confident and I now enjoy every nourishing mouthful, giving my body what it needs.
One of my favourite quotes from a sensational foodie…
“Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should.” Julia Child
Life, love and food!“