Chef Recipe Series: Catherine Fulvio’s Chicken Hot Pot
We have just recently launched our Chef Recipe Series with Catherine Fulvio “The Italian Job”. If you have missed it you can catch up on the rest of the series by just simply subscribing to our YouTube channel here. In this episode Catherine will showcase a Italian Style Tomato, Shallots and Rosemary Chicken Hotpot.
Holding true to her Italian roots Catherine Fulvio from will showcase a unique selection of Italian themed-recipe.
Italian Style Tomato, Shallots and Rosemary Chicken Hotpot
Italy meets Ireland with this one-pot-wonder a healthy, nutritious meals for a midweek meal solution. This is packed with flavour and with chicken thighs, it freezes very well, also.
- 8 deboned skinless chicken thighs
- 8 shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp chopped oregano
- 400g tinned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp honey
- 500ml chicken stock
- 12 black olives, pitted
for parmesan topping
- 4 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp melted butter mixed with 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 tsp chopped mixed rosemary and oregano
- Olive oil, for frying
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a little oil in a casserole dish over a medium heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and sear until golden brown. Place on a clean plate and set aside.
- Season the thighs with salt and freshly ground black pepper and sear until golden, place on a clean plate and set aside.
- Add the shallots and sauté for about 4 minutes until golden before adding the garlic and cooking for 1 minute. Add the carrot, rosemary and oregano as well as the tomatoes, honey and chicken stock. Bring to the boil and check the seasoning, adding salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Return the chicken thighs to the casserole and stir well, add the olives.
- For the topping, arrange the potato slices neatly over the top of the casserole starting from the outer edge and leaving a small space in the centre.
- Brush the potato slices with the melted butter and oil and sprinkle over the parmesan and chopped herbs on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and golden.
- Leave to settle for 5 minutes before serving.