Our Chef Recipe Series with Catherine Fulvio “The Italian Job” is in full swing. Catch up on the rest of the series, just simply subscribe to our YouTube channel here. In this episode Catherine will showcase a classic Spaghetti alla Carbonara.
Holding true to her Italian roots Catherine Fulvio from will showcase a unique selection of Italian themed-recipe.
Our Chef Recipe Series will feature Catherine’s recipes ranging from a simple Bellini to Roasted Cod with Red Pepper and Fennel Sauce to a Panna Cotta with Plum and Berry Compote.
Spaghetti alla Carbonara
- 300g spaghetti
- 120g pancetta, cut into 1 – 1 ½ cm dice
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 100g freshly grated parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan and sauté the pancetta until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Combine the egg yolks, most of the parmesan and some pepper in a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
- Add about 200ml of the cooking liquid to the eggs and whisk together.
- Tip the spaghetti into the pan.
- Add the pancetta, toss in the egg mix and heat gently. The eggs will emulsify to a creamy sauce.
- To serve add the remaining parmesan and more black pepper.