Dubliner Cheese & Ham Jambons
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 250ml milk
- 150g Dubliner Original white cheese, grated
- 200g ham, roughly diced
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- For the filling, melt butter in a medium sized pot set over medium heat. Add the flour and stir it in to the melted butter, cook for about 5 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk, continue cooking until mixture thickens, stirring continuously with whisk.
- Add 100g of the Dubliner cheese and stir in until melted. Fold in the ham. Remove from heat and leave to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan assisted.
- Lay puff pastry sheet on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut the puff pastry into 6 squares. Spoon the cooled filling into the centre of each square, then fold the corners of the puff pastry so that they meet in the centre to create small parcels.
- Brush the top of the pastry with the beaten egg, then sprinkle with the remaining 50g of Dubliner cheese. Bake until golden and the bottom of the jambons are cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before enjoying while warm.
- Jambons can be prepared ahead of time, simply place unbaked jambons in the fridge covered with clingfilm (for up to 3 days) then bake when needed.