Fyffes Banana Chocolate Blondies
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 325g soft light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/gas 4 and line a square tin with parchment paper.
- Sift together dry ingredients, set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat together butter and sugar until pale in colour. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat for another 1-2 minutes until pale and creamy in colour.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Fold in mashed banana and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 34-36 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pan before cutting.