Fyffes Carved Halloween Pineapples & Fruit Skewers
What you’ll need:
- 1 pineapple
- Wooden skewers
- Dark or milk chocolate
- To carve the pineapple, lie pineapple on its side on a chopping board. Cut off the top and base with a sharp knife.
- Sit pineapple upright and cut out the middle of the pineapple with a long sharp knife, a bread knife works quite well. Make sure to cut at least 1cm from the edges so there you
- leave a sturdy shell to carve later. Once you’ve cut all the way around, lift the outer skin away from the centre. Alternatively, and very easily, use one of Fyffes handy pineapple corers!
- Set middle of the pineapple aside for later.
- Lie pineapple on its side and use a sharp and short bladed knife to carefully cut out a face design. Be careful not to press or cut too rigorously as the pineapple skin isn’t as sturdy and brittle as a pumpkin. Once you’ve cut out the eyes and mouth, place pineapple on a board or plate, and place top of pineapple with the green back on top.
- If you with to illuminate the pineapple, it’s best to use LED tea light candles.
- Make skewers with the saved pineapple, cut into chunks, as well as chopped banana and marshmallows. Drizzle skewers with melted chocolate, and enjoy.