Snowy Road Bars
Inspired by Rocky Road Bars, this treat is made using white chocolate instead! A simple no-bake recipe that the kids can get involved with making, and the whole family will love this tasty treat. These Snowy Road Bars also make excellent make-ahead gifts!
- 500g white chocolate, roughly chopped & divided
- 154g pack Oreo cookies, roughly cut into quarters
- 150g dried cranberries
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 100g pistachio nuts (optional, leave out for allergies)
- Line a square 23cm tin with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place 400g of the chopped white chocolate in a large heat-resistant bowl.
- Set the bowl over a pot of steaming water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Allow to melt slowly, stirring occasionally. When about 75% of the chocolate has melted, remove from heat and allow the residual heat to melt the remaining chocolate. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the chopped Oreo cookies, dried cranberries, mini marshmallows and pistachio nuts (if using) and stir to mix until all of the ingredients are coated in white chocolate.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin then spread the mixture in the tin and flatten out evenly with a spatula or back of a large spoon. Melt the remaining 100g white chocolate and drizzle messily over the top with a spoon.
- Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Lift the chilled square out of the tin and place on a chopping board. Use a large sharp knife to cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.