Manor Farm Spatchcock Chicken with Rainbow Vegetables
- 40g butter, room temp
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaved removed & finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Omega 3 chicken
- 1 medium-sized red onion, diced
- 1 head of broccoli, florets only
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 4 carrots, cut into batons
- 1 vine cherry tomatoes
- 2 bulbs of garlic, cut in half horizontally
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 8-10 sprigs fresh thyme
Preparation / Cooking Steps:
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan assisted.
- For lemon and herb butter, place butter in a small bowl then use a strong fork to mash and soften. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together. Set aside.
- To spatchcock the chicken, place it breast side down with the legs facing towards you. Use clean, strong and sharp kitchen scissors to cut along either side of the backbone, remove this. Flip the chicken over and spread it open. To flatten it completely, break the breastbone by pressing down on it with the heel of your hand.
- Place the spatchcocked chicken on a large baking tray lined with tinfoil. Rub the butter mixture evenly all over the chicken, then place in the pre-heated oven to cook for 45 minutes per/kg, plus an extra 20 minutes (approximately).
- For the vegetables, arrange vegetables in a large baking dish. Nestle the garlic between them, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Scatter the sprigs of thyme over the vegetables. Place in the oven to cook with the chicken when the chicken has 20 minutes left to cook.
- Check that the chicken is cooked through before serving. If you have a meat thermometer, it should read an internal temperature of 165°C in the thickest part of the breast.
- Serve and enjoy.
– See more at: https://www.chicken.ie/omega-3-chicken/manor-farm-spatchcock-chicken-with-rainbow-vegetables.1870.html#sthash.VBGfa2fN.dpuf