Over ripe bananas come into their own in this delicious sweet bread.
Banana & Walnut BreadAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.7 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 100g unsalted butter
- 175g brown sugar (muscovado is preferable)
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 250g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp milk
- Brush a loaf tin with oil or margarine before lining with grease-proof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and stir in the bananas until well combined.
- Then add one egg at a time to the mixture, before folding sieved flour and baking powder in gently.
- Stir in the walnuts, add the milk and mix well.
- Pour mixture into tin and bake for one hour, until a skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Serve, spread with butter and a cup of tea!