This old-school dessert is making a revival on dinner party menus of those in the know, and we know why… it’s delicious!
Banoffee PieAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 110g butter, melted
- 1 tin caramel
- 2-3 bananas, sliced into rounds
- 500ml double cream
- 30g dark chocolate, grated
- Cocoa powder to serve
- Crush the digestive biscuits into fine crumbs, and mix together with the melted butter.
- Spread the biscuit mixture on the bottom and sides of a cake or flan tin. Press the biscuit down so it is compressed. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to cool and set.
- Spread the tin of caramel evenly across the biscuit base.
- Arrange the sliced banana on top of the caramel.
- Whip the double cream and spoon on top of the banana.
- Grate over the plain chocolate, dust with cocoa powder (optional) and serve.