Salmon gets a South American makeover with this super tasty dinner, on your table in 30 minutes. By top celebrity TV chef Edward Hayden
Blackened Salmon, Spiced Couscous Salad, Citrus Yoghurt DressingAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermed..
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Blackened Salmon:
- In a small bowl mix together the Cajun spice, chopped mixed herbs and the oil. Add in the lime zest and the salmon fillets and mix well.
- If time allows, leave the salmon to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5.
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper.
- Heat a large pan with a little oil and pan fry the salmon flesh side down for 2-3 minutes to give the flesh a nice ‘blackened’ effect.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and place on the lined baking tray. Sprinkle the tray with some roughly chopped chillies and lemon wedges and bake in the oven for approximately a further 15 minutes until the salmon feels firm to the touch.
- While the salmon is cooking, make the salad. Place the couscous in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for ten minutes and fluff up with a fork. Allow the couscous to cool, before adding the remaining ingredients and mixing well. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the dressing, mix together the yoghurt, lime juice, mint and pepper.
- To serve, place the couscous on a large plate and neatly arrange the salmon on top. Drizzle generously with the yoghurt dressing and serve.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021