Chocolate Pancakes with Warm Chocolate Sauce. These chocolate pancakes are an especially delicious and indulgent treat. Luscious chocolate American-style pancakes smothered with a decadent warm chocolate sauce. Recipe from Butlers Chocolate Cookbook.
Butlers Chocolate PancakesAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 100g Plain Flour
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder, sifted
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 150ml Milk
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 large Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Caster Sugar
Chocolate Sauce Ingredients:
- 100ml Milk
- 150g Butler’s Milk Chocolate, roughly chopped
- For the pancakes:
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add melted butter, egg and sugar then mix with a whisk until batter is smooth.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat, reduce heat to medium and drizzle with a bit of oil.
- Ladle pancake batter around the pan for medium to small pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface then flip over with a spatula and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Keep pancakes warm in a low-temperature oven while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- For the sauce:
- Place milk and chocolate in a small saucepan, gently heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce is smooth and shiny
- Serve pancakes with warm chocolate sauce.