Chicken & Mushroom Pot Pie. A great family dish. A beautiful filling of chicken and mushroom topped of with a crispy puff pastry.
Chicken & Mushroom Pot PieAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 tbsp of oil (sunflower or olive oil)
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 4 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked off
- 1 clove garlic
- 500g chicken breast, diced into chunks
- 250g mushrooms
- 300ml chicken stock
- 100g sour cream
- 2 tsp cornflour mixed with 1 tsp cold water (mixed into a paste)
- 3 Tbsp frozen peas
- 1 sheet of roll puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, for glaze
- Heat a pan and add oil to the pan. Add the finely diced onion and cook for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and thyme to the pan and add the chicken. Fry the chicken is golden but not cooked through.
- Add mushrooms and a further tablespoon of oil.
- Preheat the oven to 180 fan
- In the pan add the stock, sour cream and peas.
- Add cornflour mix and stir until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture to a pie dish.
- Place the puff pastry over making a lid a cutting off any excess.
- Glaze the pastry with the egg. Then place in the oven and bake for 30 mins until the pastry is puffed and golden.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021