Individual Chicken Pot Pies. The chicken filling can be frozen in the ramekins to save you time. Created by Catherine Fulvio for Whirlpool
Chicken Pot PiesAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced finely
- 2 tsp thyme
- 3 chicken fillets, poached and diced
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
For the sauce:
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- 500ml low fat milk
- 100ml vegetable stock
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the topping:
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and roughly diced
- 100ml warm milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat and add the leeks, sauté for 4 minutes before adding the carrots, thyme and poached chicken and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- To make the sauce, add the butter and flour to a medium saucepan and heat over a medium heat. Stir until the flour is combined, add the milk, stock and mustard and using a wooden spoon stir well until a thick sauce forms. Check the seasoning, you may only require freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Combine the sauce with the leek and chicken and spoon into 4 ramekins or individual little pots.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
- To make the topping, steam the potatoes until tender and push through a potato ricer. Warm the milk and butter together and pour over the potato, stirring well. Add the parmesan. It should be soft enough to pipe and spoon into a piping bag and pipe over the chicken and leek mix.
- Place onto a baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes just until the topping is golden.
- Tip: Wilt a handful of spinach into the mashed potato to spoon over as a topping.