This is an easy almost hands-off all-in-one meal perfect for feeding a group of family or friends. You can use any vegetables you prefer so it’s perfect for any season.
Chicken Thigh & Veggie BakeAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 8-10 chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head of garlic
- ½kg baby potatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2-3 bell peppers
- 2 bundles asparagus
- 2 bundles tender stem broccoli
- 3-4 tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 3-4 tbsp fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over the bottom of a large oven proof dish. It needs to be as big as possible so that the chicken pieces won't be too crowded.
- Cut the head of garlic in half horizontally and rub the cut side down around in the olive oil to infuse it. Remove garlic and set aside. Cut baby potatoes in half, quarters for larger ones, and place in dish. Season with salt and pepper, then toss potatoes around so that they're coated in the oil. Place tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and place chicken thighs in baking dish nestled amongst the potatoes. Place two halves of garlic back in the baking tray and pour juice from lemon over potatoes and chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper then return to oven and bake for further 20 minutes.
- While chicken is roasting, remove cores and seeds from bell peppers. Cut peppers into thick lengths. Combine peppers with asparagus and broccoli. Drizzle with about 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper, toss to coat the vegetable. Set aside.
- Once 20 minutes is up, remove chicken from the oven and turn on grill to medium heat. Evenly strew peppers, asparagus and tender stem broccoli amongst chicken. Return to the oven and bake for further 10-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and skins are golden and crispy.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021