Chocolate, Pecan & Banana Gluten Free CookiesAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.8 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 110g unsalted butter, softened
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 125g plain gluten free flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 1 large overripe banana
To roll in:
- 150g pecan nuts (alternatively walnuts, hazelnuts or peanuts will work great)
- 100g icing sugar
- Place the butter and sugar into the bowl of mixer and mix on a medium speed until light and fluffy using the paddle attachment. Add the egg and continue to mix until fully incorporated. You may need to scrap down the sides of the mixer with a spatula.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the fridge and allow to chill for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- While the dough is chilling, blitz the pecan nuts in a food processor or small mill.
- Preheat the oven to 185°C / 165°C fan assisted and line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper.
- Portion the cookie dough to golf ball size pieces, approximately 25g. Drop each portion into the blitzed pecan nuts then roll into a small ball using your hands. Make sure each ball is well coated with the pecan nuts. Tip: If the dough feels very soft return the dough to the fridge to chill for a second time.
- Roll each cookie dough ball in the icing sugar. Press the icing sugar into each ball then arrange onto a lined baking tray evenly spaced apart, allow for the cookies to spread while baking. Flatten each cookie dough ball slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will be soft to the touch when baked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray, they will firm up further as they cool but will have a lovely soft brownie-like texture to them.
- This recipe works perfectly using regular plain flour however we have decided to make these cookies gluten free. Once rolled in the pecan nuts, the cookies will keep for 3 to 4 days in the fridge or a couple of months in the freezer. Roll in icing sugar before baking.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021