Our Chocolate Raspberry Brownies are ooey gooey good! With a lovely fudgy texture, these brownies are studded with tart raspberries, a delicious contrast to the decadent chocolate. They will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Watch our step by step video here
Chocolate Raspberry BrowniesAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 200g good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100g good quality milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 225g unsalted butter
- 400g soft light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 200g raspberries, divided
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 and line a 23x23cm (9x9inch) deep square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl and sit it over a pot of barely simmering water to melt, stirring occasionally. When nearly completely melted, add the sugar and stir to combine. Remove from heat and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is well mixed in before adding in the next.
- Sift in flour and cocoa and mix in, then mix in the vanilla.
- Fold in half of the raspberries then pour batter into prepared baking tin, smooth the top with a spatula or back of a spoon. Scatter the remaining raspberries over the top and bake for 30 minutes, slightly longer if you want a slightly firmer texture.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely on a wire rack still in the baking tin. Once cooled, remove from tin and use a sharp knife to cut into squares. For clean slices, heat the blade of the knife in boiling water then wipe dry before cutting. Do this after each cut.
- Will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.