Chocolate & Vanilla Marble LoafAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 10 ratings
- 225g unsalted butter, softened & divided
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 250g plain flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 250g granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 125ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan assisted and line a 2lb (20x10cm / 8x4 inch) loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Melt 45g of the butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Once melted, add the cocoa powder and stir to form a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add remaining 180g butter to the bowl of your stand mixer along with the sugar, then cream together on a medium low speed until pale in colour, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and mix again on medium low speed for another 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- While mixer is running on low speed, slowly spoon in the dry ingredients and mix together. Add the milk and vanilla and mix on low speed just until combined.
- Spoon half of the batter into a small bowl, set aside.
- To the remaining batter in the mixer’s bowl, add the cocoa paste and mix just until a uniform colour.
- Drop alternating spoonful’s of the chocolate and vanilla batter into the prepared loaf tin then gently tap the tin against the counter to help it settle.
- Drag a blunt knife in a zig-zag pattern through the batter one way then the other. Tap the tin against the counter again to help level the batter.
- Bake in pre-heated oven until a skewer comes out clean from the centre, between 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin then turn out and carefully peel away the parchment paper. Cut into slices to serve.
- Will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- This recipe has been tried and tested by I Love Cooking and sponsored by Kenwood.