Chorizo, Red Pepper and Feta FrittataAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 or 5 baby potatoes, unpeeled and left whole
- olive oil
- 150g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 8 eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red peppers, roasted, skinned and roughly chopped (or use well-drained jarred roasted peppers
- 150g feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- To serve: green salad
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the potatoes in the pot and boil for 5–8 minutes, or until just cooked and tender when pierced with the tip of a knife — don’t overcook them or they won’t keep their shape when sliced. Drain and run under cold water. When they’re cool enough to handle, slice them thinly and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a very small splash of olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add in the sliced chorizo and cook for about 5 minutes, until the chorizo has released its oils into the pan and has browned slightly. Scoop the chorizo out of the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on a paper towel-lined plate. If there’s an excessive amount of oil in the pan now, drain some off until only 1 or 2 tablespoons remain.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the onion to the oil left behind in the pan and cook gently for about 10 minutes, until softened. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more, then remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with some freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the onions, potatoes, chorizo, the chopped red peppers and half the feta.
- Wipe out the frying pan and add another splash of olive oil. Heat the oil in the pan, then pour in the egg mixture, making sure the chorizo and vegetables are evenly distributed throughout the pan. Dot the rest of the feta cheese over the top.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 25–35 minutes, or until the frittata is set in the middle. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before sliding it out of the pan onto a large serving platter or cutting board. Serve warm or at room temperature with a green salad on the side.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021