Creamy Pesto Chicken – This recipe dresses up a chicken dinner with little fuss! Tender chicken breasts and juicy plum tomatoes with a creamy yet light pesto flavoured sauce is an easy dinner any night of the week. Serve with a side of rice, orzo pasta, or even cauliflower rice.
Creamy Pesto ChickenAdd to My Cookbook
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 or 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 200g small vine or cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- 1 tub crème fraîche
- Fresh basil
- Grated parmesan, optional
- Heat a large pan or shallow pot on medium high heat. Add the olive oil then arrange the chicken in the pan. Leave pieces to cook without moving until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Turn each piece over, season with salt and pepper, then cover pot with a lid and lower heat slightly, then leave to cook until chicken is cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, cut tomatoes in half and mix the pesto into the tub of crème fraîche.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove the lid and add the tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes start to soften slightly. Then add the crème fraîche mixture and cook for further 5 minutes, turning the chicken pieces in the sauce to coat each one.
- Once cooked, garnish with fresh basil leaves, and if using, sprinkle with parmesan. Serve immediately. Leftovers will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container.