Looking for the ultimate breakfast/lunch recipe? You need to try this Dubliner Cheesy Waffle Sandwich. Why not try different filling combinations, we have given some options below.
Dubliner Cheesy Waffle SandwichAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
For the waffles:
- 125g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 250ml milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100g Dubliner Original white cheese, grated
- 100g Dubliner Original red cheese, grated
For the filling:
- Streaky bacon, cooked
- Avocado, sliced
- Eggs, poached or fried
- For the waffles, pre heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Add the milk and egg and whisk together until batter is mixed with no lumps. Stir in the grated Dubliner cheese.
- Ladle waffle batter into hot waffle iron (check waffle irons manufacturer’s instructions for the correct amount) and cook until waffles are golden. Keep waffles warm in an oven on lowest temperature while you cook the remaining waffle batter.
- To assemble the sandwich, place a waffle on serving plate and top with crispy streaky bacon, slices of avocado and an egg cooked to your liking. Top off with another waffle. Serve immediately.
- Other fillings you might like to try: Sausage, tomato relish and egg Black pudding, grilled mushroom and egg Baby leaf spinach, sliced tomato and egg