Guacamole is one of the easiest and tastiest dips to prepare. But to make sure your guacamole is perfect, you need perfectly ripe avocados. Look for avocados that are slightly soft when gently pressed, but generally avoid ones that have any bruises or feel mushy. Also, a good guacamole should always have jalapeños, coriander and lime or lemon, the other additions are optional, but of course, delicious!
GuacamoleAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- ¼ red onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1 tomato, seeds and pulp removed, finely chopped (optional)
- ¼-½ jalapeño, seeds removed and finely minced
- Juice from ½ lime
- Salt to taste
- Cut avocados in half, twist to open and remove the pip. Scoop out flesh with a spoon and combine with the rest of the ingredients, apart from the salt, in a large flat bowl or dish. Use a fork to mash everything together, but leave it slightly chunky. Add a bit of salt and mix in. Taste and add more if needed.
- Guacamole can also be made in a large pestle and mortar, simply combine everything together and mash.
- A handy tip if you want to make it ahead of time, even up to a day ahead, simply prepare as above, then spoon into a plastic container, smoothing out the surface. Pour just enough cold water over the top so that the surface of the guacamole is under water then place the lid on top. The water will stop the surface from turning brown while it's in the fridge. Then when ready to serve, simply drain off the water, give it a quick mix, and spoon into your serving dish.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021