Couscous, sweet peppers and sultanas flavoured with toasted cumin and coriander seeds then tossed together with fresh herbs, pomegranate seeds and toasted pistachio nuts.
Moroccan Couscous SaladAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4 /5)
- 1 rating
- 350g couscous
- 350ml boiling vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 150g sultanas
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 orange pepper, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 150g pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
- Small bunch fresh flat leaf parsley and coriander, roughly chopped
- Combine couscous with boiling water in a heat proof bowl. Give a quick stir to make sure all couscous is wet.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Roughly grind cumin and coriander seeds with a pestle and mortar then add to pan along with chilli powder and sultanas. Cook for about 2 minutes until aromatic. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Fluff up couscous with a fork and stir in spices with sultanas, lemon juice and vinegar. Add chopped peppers, pomegranate seeds, pistachios and fresh herbs and mix until evenly distributed. Serve on a bed of rocket leaves.
- Keeps for 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.