Oaty Shortbread Biscuits – created by Mary Flahavan for Flahavan’s
Oaty Shortbread BiscuitsAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (3.5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 275g Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal
- 100g plain flour
- 150g castor sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 225g butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Blend the oats in a food processor until they are quite fine. Add the remaining ingredients and blend again until the dough comes together.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface to a thickness of about 5mm (¼ in).
- Cut into shapes with biscuit cutters and place on baking trays (no need to grease or line).
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until pale golden in colour and slightly firm.
- Remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- These will keep for several days in an airtight container and they freeze well too.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021