This sausage meat stuffing it the ultimate stuffing for the festive season. Created by Oliver Dunne
Sausage Meat StuffingAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.2 /5)
- 6 ratings
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 50g butter
- 6 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 500g sausage meat
- 225g breadcrumbs
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Small bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Fry the onion, garlic and dried herbs in the butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until soft. Just before removing from heat, stir in the sage then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add the onion mixture to the rest of the ingredients and mix everything together. It's easiest to use clean hands for this.
- Use to stuff turkey legs or bake in a 1kg loaf tin for 1 hour at 180°C/350°F/gas 4.