Spicy Chicken Couscous – A Moroccan inspired one-pot dish that is delicious served hot or cold. With different textures and flavours, from spicy to sweet to salty, it’s unlikely you’ll be left with any leftovers!
Spicy Chicken CouscousAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4 /5)
- 1 rating
- 250g couscous
- 300ml boiling chicken or vegetable stock
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 85g whole almonds
- Handful raisins or saltanas
- 1 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 1 tbsp sumac, optional
- 100g dried apricots, cut into halves
- Small bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Plain or Greek yoghurt
- Mango chutney
- Combine couscous and stock in a heatproof bowl, cover with clingfilm and set aside.
- Drizzle about 1 tbsp olive oil into a medium sized pot and place over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and cook until tender.
- Increase heat slightly and add the chicken, almonds and raisins or saltanas. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is golden. Stir in the curry paste and cook for further 1 minute.
- Use a fork to separate and fluff up the couscous, then add to the pot along with the dried apricot. Lightly toss or stir together and cook for further 1 minute, or until everything is heated through.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with yoghurt and mango chutney on the side.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021