Carol’s Stock Market Thai Fish Curry. You could use any Thai paste for this curry.
Thai Fish CurryAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Oil, for cooking
- 1 onion, finely diced
- Thumb-size piece fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 heaped tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 200ml Carol’s Stock Market vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 heaped tbsp sugar
- 450g fresh hake, cut into large chunks
- 220g whole raw prawns
- Juice ½ lime
- Small bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Cooked jasmine rice
- Sliced green or red chilli, optional
- Lime wedges, optional
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Once hot, add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes until onions have softened.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chilli and curry paste and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk and Carol’s Stock Market vegetable stock, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer then add the sugar and fish sauce. Stir through.
- Add the fish and prawns, try to keep them in an even layer spread around the pan so that they’re covered by the sauce, and squeeze over the lime. Cover pan with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes, until the hake is just cooked and starting to flake and the prawns are pink.
- Taste for seasoning and add more lime juice or fish sauce if needed and scatter over the fresh coriander. Serve immediately with cooked jasmine rice, a sprinkling of fresh chilli and lime wedges on the side.