Thai Fishcakes – All you need to make these delicious Thai infused fishcakes is a food processor and about 20 minutes. Great for a quick lunch or light dinner, or even as a starter.
Thai FishcakesAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (2 /5)
- 1 rating
- 450g skinless white fish fillets (cod or haddock)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 egg
- Small bunch coriander
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded & finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Thumb-size piece fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- Zest & juice 1 lime
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Sunflower or canola oil, for cooking
- 1-2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Sweet chilli sauce, for dipping
- Place the fish into a food processor and pulse for 3-5 seconds until smooth. Add the remaining fishcake ingredients, except the spring onion and oil, and blitz until mixture is smooth. Transfer mixture out into a bowl and stir in the spring onion.
- Form mixture into 12 round and flat fishcakes. You may need to squeeze out a small bit of excess liquid as you near the end of the mixture. Heat a large non-stick pan on medium high heat with a drizzle of oil. Arrange half of the fishcakes in the pan, reduce heat to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides. Once cooked, remove fishcakes onto a serving plate, wipe the pan down with paper towel, then add another drizzle of oil with heat on medium high. Once oil is hot again, add the remaining fishcakes, and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Once second batch is cooked, arrange on serving plate and garnish with spring onion and coriander. Serve with lime wedges and sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
- Fishcakes can be made a day ahead of time and kept in an airtight container in the fridge.
Wed, 16 Jun 2021
Wed, 16 Jun 2021
Wed, 09 Jun 2021
Fri, 04 Jun 2021
Tue, 01 Jun 2021